SAN FIRE's July Recruitment Drive Ends

Information pertaining to arrests, arson investigations, statistical data and more; that has been released to the public.
Alex Jorgensen
GTAW Forum Name: Jorgensen
Badge Number: 49041
Primary Assignment: Public Relations Branch

Post by Alex Jorgensen »

Deputy J. Adams, Director of Training leads the academy session

Thursday culminated in the end of July's Marshal recruitment - Our largest group of applicants to date, building on June's success with an outstanding fourteen applications with the celebration of our four new trainees as they received their badges to become Deputy Fire Marshals at LSFD's Ceremony hall at their Headquarters in Rockford Hills. With family, friends and colleagues in attendance.

Trainees Clifford, Barillas, O'Brien and Voss were given a warm welcome by colleagues from the department as well as Division Chief Jasmine Sherman, recent San Fierro transfer and Jeremiah Adams who conducted the ceremony, receiving their badges and taking their oath of office, to promise to serve and protect the people of San Andreas.

Division Chief Sherman who led the ceremony said a few words, as well as welcoming the new trainees thanked colleagues for their support;

"Esteemed guests, family, friends, colleagues... welcome to the Office of the State Fire Marshal's class of Peace Officers, July 2023.

Before me stand three graduates who have made it through an exhausting period of training, exams, and academies. I want to congratulate and encourage all of you in your commitment to law enforcement in San Fire. You are embarking on a journey of work few others have the chance, or even the ability to take.

Throughout your training you've been taught what our expectations are of your duty performance as deputy fire marshals. These are such things as respect for others, compassion, honesty, courage, attention to duty and adherence to law, policy and procedure. I am confident you have learned these things and I know you will also learn the practical implications of them when you hit the streets and state parks tonight, and for the weeks to come.

What I want to share with you however, is a bit of advice that may also help you find success in your careers! Be a person of character. Seek to live a life of integrity and to encourage it in others. Earn the trust of your peers, your supervisors, and the community. Be a good partner by being an individual who is trusted based on a reputation for integrity and competence.

Success is not the key to happiness; happiness is the key to success. If you love what you're doing you will be successful. You have in front of you the opportunity to achieve success such as this in your law enforcement careers. Once again, congratulations."

Group photo of the graduates

The ceremony was then continued with a speech by Training Director Deputy Jeremiah Adams who had guided the trainees during their academy days;

"So, you might not know me. I'm Jeremiah... Jeremiah Adams, brought in to help out with the recruitment and training of this batch students. I came here with low expectations..But, I'll be damned. The three people sat in front of me proved that wrong. Los Santos has a bunch of hard working individuals.

They proved to me that our faith in this department is in good hands. When I step down, when the people behind me step down The group of people we got here, good, hard working individuals. You should be proud of how you achieved in the academy, because I put you through your paces and this was my first academy down here, you set the bar high for the next bunch, so for that I think you deserve a big round of applause!"

The newest graduates will now go on to spend time within the agencies Field Training Programme, learning the ways of being a Deputy Fire Marshals in the field and no doubt, growing as individuals as they find their own ways of making their mark as sworn employees of San Fire. They will prove themselves and no doubt progress their careers.

While the students graduated today, we also can't forget those that joined us throughout the month through transferring. So, a congratulations goes out to; Frank Jorgensen, Michael Marcovici and Ryan Torres who will also be joining our most recent graduates on the Training programme.

Civilian Administrator II A. Jorgensen
SANFIRE - Department of Forestry & Fire Protection
Sr. Public Information Officer
Enforcing the San Andreas Fire Code since 1885