SANFIRE's September Career Fair

Information pertaining to arrests, arson investigations, statistical data and more; that has been released to the public.
Alex Jorgensen
GTAW Forum Name: Jorgensen
Badge Number: 49041
Primary Assignment: Public Relations Branch

Post by Alex Jorgensen »

SAN FIRE launched its September recruitment drive on Wednesday, hoping to build on the successes of the summer months with the academy. Welcoming interested individuals and agency partners to the Vespucci Training Facility in a joint Career Fair with State Parks after last months successful Chilliad Visitation Center Wildlife Picnic with the agency.

The fair, organised by the Recruitment bureau and promoted by Public Relations was hailed a success as San Fire Deputies, Park Rangers, Sheriffs Deputies and local community members came together to meet, share stories and their experience with the departments and their careers - A change of pace in many of the peace officers daily routine.

Prospective applicants were encouraged to sign up at the event, with recruitment bureau Marshals offering a helping hand as well as all attendees receiving one of the SAN FIRE teddy bears sold by the LS Fire Foundation in aid of the Los Santos Fire Department.

"The Recruitment Bureau is very pleased with the outcome of the career fair. The event raised awareness to members of the public about the different career prospects San Fire offers. So far, we have received ten applications and we hope to receive more before the recruitment drive ends. We are equally thankful to all the people who took part in organizing this event, our Fire Marshals, members of State Parks and Al Dente’s, who provided catering." - San Fire's Recruitment bureau said in a statement to Public Relations.

The event, while a brainchild and fruits of labour of San Fire's Recruitment bureau, all deputies lent a hand to the event. From trainees speaking with attendees about their experiences of the academy and Field training to deputies of the various bureaus that make up the agency talking of their experiences of their careers - Attendees also got to see a selection of vehicles that the agency uses in its day-to-day operations. Division Chief Vincenzo Calvani and State Fire Marshal Liam Madison also had some words to say to attendees who gathered. Vincenzo speaking of the department, what the office does and

"Good afternoon everyone, Thank you for coming to the Career Fair. It is great to see you all. Our Department, together with the San Andreas State Parks and Al Dente’s, have worked tirelessly to organize this awesome event.

I hope you are having a wonderful time with us and that you leave today having learned something new. Before I continue, allow me to properly introduce myself. I’m Division Chief Vincenzo Calvani, head of the Field Operations Division. My task is to oversee the day-to-day field operations of the Department.

As you are probably aware by now, the San Andreas Department of Forestry and Fire Protection is hiring career-driven and talented professionals for the position of Deputy Fire Marshal in the Los Santos Office. Our job is often overlooked. Everyone knows what a Police Officer or Firefighter is, but many don't know what a Deputy Fire Marshal does. That is understandable.

Although we may not be in the news every day, we do a lot of work to protect and serve the community. We mainly focus on fire prevention, educating the public about fire safety, and finally, enforcing the San Andreas Fire Code. As a law enforcement agency, we also investigate all arson cases in the State. During our shifts, we conduct business inspections to ensure that they comply with the Fire Code. If a business is not in compliance, our Deputies may issue a formal warning.

If the issue still persists, they may issue a cease-and-desist order, which would prevent the business from operating. Whenever there is a fire, we respond to it and conduct an arson investigation. These range from vehicle fires to structure fires to wildfires. We use science and investigative techniques to determine the person responsible for the arson. During the investigation, we may request and execute search or arrest warrants. Furthermore, we also focus heavily on fire prevention, especially in the State Parks, in close cooperation with the San Andreas State Parks. We routinely conduct fire watch patrols to mitigate the possibility of a wildfire starting. You may spot us at a watchtower, gazing out over the Parks from a high vantage point.

If anything I've said has piqued your curiosity, be sure to check out the various booths we've got set up throughout the event. Our Deputies and Public Relations staff will provide you with much greater detail about what we do.

Thank you again for attending the Career Fair. I sincerely hope that I will have the opportunity to get to know some of you in the near future, should you decide to apply. It's never too late to find your career. Perhaps you discovered today that San Fire was your calling.

To conclude, I sincerely hope you all have a wonderful experience with us today. Thank you."

Image Ella Adams and Aoife Voss, the main organisers of the event

No doubt Thursday's event was a success, not just for SAN FIRE recruitment. But, for SAN FIRE overall as the department works to engage more with the community it operates within as well as growing closer to its State Partners. We hope everyone enjoyed visiting our Vespucci Facility and found it helpful and enlightening for those seeking a prosperous career with the agency - Thank you to our local partners in the Los Santos Sheriffs Department, Los Santos Fire Department and State partners of San Andreas State Parks for supporting! Good luck to all those prospective applicants for September's Marshal academy!
See the full event photography gallery
Civilian Administrator II A. Jorgensen
SANFIRE - Department of Forestry & Fire Protection
Sr. Public Information Officer
Enforcing the San Andreas Fire Code since 1885